Monday, November 15, 2010

Eagle powers anyone?

Friday Tim got home earlier from work than expected. they had been working OT all last week and this week and they just ran out of stuff to do for that afternoon and so the option was given to all employees and they all went home a lot earlier...
I digress from my point.

He came in and told me to grab the camera. so I did and got ready to run out the door.

(click pictures for slightly larger pictures)
it didn't take long before he got tired of us looking at him.

it's nice to see them around.
I remember when I was a kid we would never ever see them. it just didn't happen. I think until I was 29 I only ever saw three and that was from the greatest distance. I could only tell that it was a Bald Eagle because I could see the tiny speck that was it's head.
now we see them several times a year. they live close and last year they even landed in our tree.
truly Awesome

2 comments:

Anita said...

They are so cool to see! I love seeing them. They're just so majestic.

Unknown said...

Was this right in your front yard? Have you ever seen one there before? It would be cool to have them like your yard.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...