Wednesday, March 23, 2011

yesterday at the falls

Last October I wrote about our local state park and the waterfalls there. with all the flooding we had last year and the fact that it was late in the year, the water didn't have a lot of time to fully recede before the ground froze - thus leaving a lot of water in the ground for the Spring thaw. well, it's been thawing a lot for a few days now and the falls are again in full flow.

yesterday the kids were still off from school and Tim was off from work so we ran out there for about 15 minutes (it was raining and cold) just so we could have a look at the falls pouring over full force.
Erica and Timothy have great video ability on their little point and shoot cameras and I had them catch a bit of video of the falls while we were out there.






2 comments:

Anita said...

Certainly not wise to go wandering down beside the river right now! We have SO MUCH water again already!

Abby said...

before we got out of the van we went through my three rules for being at the falls...
1. do not run
2. do not go far ahead of the rest of us
3. do not climb on the bridge railing!


even with those rules chanted before we leave the car I'm still a wreck. :)

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...