Friday, March 9, 2012

love his innocence

somewhere - I don't know where - Ronan picked up the word 'gangster'. I think it was Connor who probably heard the word from someone at school... but at any rate, it has become annoyingly common for Ronan to say "I'm a gangster". Oh brother!

today he, again, made this declaration. I'm tired of telling him not to say that and talked more in depth about how gangsters are not good people. I told him that he is not because "gangsters are bad and they hurt people."
wanting to add something and show his understanding of what I was telling him he added. "yeah, and they blow out kids' candles"

I lost it and laughed myself silly. but the more I think of it, I am so happy that he is so safe in his life that the worst mean, hurtful thing he could think of was for someone to blow out his candles.

1 comment:

Anita said...

You have a very good point! It's reassuring that that is the worst he could come up with for a bad person!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...