Sunday, March 4, 2012

the not so subtle announcement

a few weeks ago Tim and I discovered something about our family that truly surprised us.
it's a really good surprise and we are exceedingly happy about it.
last week we told our children and they are all just about as happy as Tim and I.
I knew that after we told our children that the surprise was pretty much out for the whole world, so I changed my facebook picture to give a clue and see how long before anyone figured out what it meant.
it was a few hours before my niece figured out what it meant and then little by little others saw and were overjoyed for us.
I also put a little widget on the top side of the blog and the other day I had a picture that Connor drew for me that related to our news.

Now, if you haven't figured it out yet


we only told our kids to their face. everyone else is getting this tidbit of information through this blog and facebook and word of mouth from everyone else who saw it online.
why? you may ask. the answer to that is simple.
we have lots and lots of people to tell...but there is yet one more reason.
in the past there has been some negativity towards us because we are having another baby. things were said and they hurt our feelings. in fact something was said to me 5 years ago when I was expecting Ronan and it continues to hurt all these years later. I'm sure they meant to be supportive, but it just came out so wrong.

we are grown up people and our life choices are our own. they might effect you a very teeny tiny bit, but nothing compared to our own life. I don't need your permission nor your blessing to welcome a new person into our family. but it's nice to have happiness and excitement from our friends and family.
my husband has always wanted a big family. I grew up in a big family and I know what is involved in having a big family.
I think that we've done alright with the kids we have, so I don't think that we are going to ruin anyone if there is another person here.
sure we have to make some sacrifices, but who doesn't?!

these are the times I wish so hard that my mother were still alive. I know that she would be over the moon with joy for us. and boy do I wish I could ask her some questions about expecting a 6th.

but OH MY GOSH!!! WE'RE HAVING A BABY! :D

3 comments:

Birrd said...

A big huge congratulations from a sixth child in Oklahoma! I am so happy for you. That's a lucky baby, says I.

Abby said...

Thank you so very much!
I think lucky is right. she/he'll be born and everyone in their world will be so in love with them, and that's a lot of people and immeasurable love

Anita said...

I'm excited for you!!! Heavenly Father is the ONLY person aside from you and Tim that has any say in the size of your family. Don't listen to anyone else! I would have been done at three if Heavenly Father hadn't "pestered" me for a year about having another one, but now that our newest one is here I wouldn't have it any other way! He belongs!

And I think that you have done an amazing job with your kids! They're happy, they love you, and you're a close family. All the things that count in the right ways!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...