Thursday, March 1, 2012

I just had to say it, because I was about to explode

maybe you have seen this picture floating around facebook. I stupidly clicked on it and read what it had to say. everyone thinks it's just so funny, but really?
the reason I didn't say anything over there is because I just want to stay away from the conflict that I'm sure my comment would inevitably start. but I'm so dang tired of people just spewing rubbish before they really think things through.



as a rule I steer clear of any and all political subjects because I really don't think most of the time it's worth the fight. You think how you want to, I'll think the way I want to and if we don't agree we'll just talk about something else. (for the record I tend to be more conservative in my political views and generally lean towards Republican, but I don't claim to be Republican nor Democrat)
with that said I have an issue with this post-it...

I remember during the Bush administration (2005 and 2006 time frame comes to mind) gasoline regularly costing $3.95 and there were a few times I remember paying just over $4.20.
when I was on my way to the hospital in June 2007 to have a baby we went past the gas station and we were both stunned that the price of gas was $2.97 - the lowest it had been in years. yes, years
the only reason that the price of gas in 2009 was $1.78 was because the oil/gas companies had just received BILLIONS of dollars in bailout money. as a result they lowered the gas prices to give the nation a sense of economic stability.

the wheels were already turning before Obama took office.

Not everything is Obama's fault. personally I think he's done as good a job as anyone could given the mess he was handed when he stepped into the Oval Office.


I'm off my soap box now and will likely never bring up politics again.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...