Thursday, March 22, 2012

we got to see our baby!

I honestly couldn't believe we got so lucky!

we went in for our first prenatal appointment with my OB and since having Ronan 5 years ago, my Dr. has made it standard procedure to do an ultrasound at the first appointment to date the pregnancy. the baby is measuring a couple of days behind my first calculations, but that's just fine. personally I'm still going to hang on to my first calculated due date and my doctor can think it's three days later.

now this little blur is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

we were also able to see it's tiny heart pumping away at about 175 beats per minute. AND we got to hear that beautiful swishing sound.
What a joy!

we went in there worrying in the back of our minds "what if it's not there" and I wasn't expecting an ultrasound until 20 weeks. I didn't even think I would get to hear the baby's heart today, but what a gift and wonderful day!

2 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

HOORAY!!!!!!

Anita said...

Yay!! I'm glad that Heavenly Father knew your worries and concerns and made sure to find a way to help alleviate them! That's so exciting to see the little one and hear the heartbeat. I always love hearing the heartbeat!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...