Thursday, April 16, 2009

early spring ~ oh, such glee

the other day was my birthday. Tim got me a wonderful park sticker and today he and I used it for the first time by going to Minneopa Falls.



much to our delight we stumbled on some early spring flowers. I was just excited for little sprigs of green popping up from the ground. I never expected to find any blossoms.
we found blood root which I had to look up as soon as we were home.


and we found dutchmen's breeches. I haven't seen these for so many years I'm sure I was a kid the last time I saw them. Tim had never seen them before, or at the very least doesn't remember that he had. that made it a very fun discovery.

2 comments:

Birrd said...

So fun to see Minneopa again. I have so many happy memories of that place. It's so weird that even though I haven't been there in years it still looks basically the same, just a little less water coming over the falls but that's probably just because of the time of year.

Abby said...

before Tim joined the church, we were married out there and there was even less water then. one of our wedding pictures was taken down in the creek bed just above the top falls.

the year before that, a little less than 9 years ago now, the falls were barely a dribble.
water fluctuation is the most dramatic thing that has changed about that place. the old bridge are still there and are still pretty sturdy. every time we go with the kids they play 'Pooh Sticks' off the lower bridge.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...