Monday, April 27, 2009

some stuff

I really like were we live because of all the little creatures that visit our yard. the kids and I like to look out the front window on overcast days, when we are feeling sluggish, and we watch for what will come to our house next.
today we got some little warblers on their way north.

the picture is poor, but he is tiny. there were so many of them and a couple of them came right up to the house and one landed on the window sill for a second but I didn't have time to focus and get a picture of him before he was gone. that would have been fun to have gotten a shot that close. oh well... it was just fun to have seen them at all.


this morning I finished one of the crocheted animal projects I have been working on. I took the head apart four times and I almost did it again this morning, but I kept at it and I really like how it turned out. it's so cute!

I put bags under it's eyes and a bit of a saggy neck. I think it makes it look old. it is a tortoise after all.
the goal is to sell it at Erica's fund raiser 'flea market'. I hope it does sell, but I think I will kind of miss it. maybe I'll be making one for home.

1 comment:

Anita said...

The turtle is so cute! It amazes me that people can actually do things like that.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...