Saturday, April 18, 2009

in our yard

for the last couple of days I have been working on our yard. I have planted seeds and bulbs/corms and this morning we planted some sunflowers. over these last few days I've come across our little wild residents. at least three guarder snakes. they've been enjoying the sun as much as the kids and I have.

those of you who are afraid of snakes, be warned... I have pictures. I don't mind snakes, but I understand your fear. spiders horrify me so I have put the pictures further down the page so you won't be visually accosted.




I laid on the ground close to were they have been hanging out and waited for them to stick their heads up.

this one slithered right by me by only about 5 inches. he didn't mind me at all. the kids on the other hand were making them all very nervous.


last year we had one that liked to curl up under my flower pot in the yard. Tim and I called him Salazar. but he was always there alone. this year it looks as if he has a few friends.

we should give them all names.






1 comment:

Birrd said...

Those are totally sweet pictures! Awesome!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...