Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So this last weekend we were at the arboretum, a favorite place for our family, and this summer they have a kind of arbor art theme going on. Some of the stuff they have set up is fun and pretty while the rest of it is kind of ... well we'll just say weird. most of it is very contemporary and I just don't like it ~ like the thing that resembles a bunch of enormous clothes pins stuck in the ground with a multicolored plexiglas roof. But they have a few that are fun like this tunnel of twisty branches and roots.
the kids had a great time climbing through it and even raced through to see who could go through it the fastest without touching any part of the tunnel.
It's a nice change of pace to have them playing together and having fun verses their normal fighting all day long and me not having fun.




Along with the contemporary art features this yellow and orange ribbony kind of deal was fixed into a tree. The sign next to it said that it was fixed to a single point in the tree and it lied. They were fixed in lots of places in the tree and I'm guessing it was meant to resemble rays of light. The kids also liked this one and I don't think that I would do this with any of my trees but it might get the kids outside a bit more (so would a fence around my yard).
We took this picture thinking it would be a nice picture and I'm not really sure it's so great. This one was the first shot I took thinking that I would take a whole big bunch and then I would use the best of the bunch. Well, that's exactly what happened. I took a big bunch of pictures and the first was the best of them. Even then it didn't turn out like I had envisioned and I didn't have the energy to make them stand a certain way and work on one picture all day long.
So I think that I will be best with still life photography and candid photography, therefore I won't be for hire to photograph any weddings any time soon.

Here we see my baby. He really liked these gazing balls. He kept trying to pull them up and play with them. I'm sure he would have loved to play ball with these but he was so well tempered and didn't get angry when none of them would lift off the ground, he just kept trying new ones. He was captivated.

2 comments:

Birrd said...

Abby! I love you! How the heck did you find me? Your kids are adorable-- I can't believe you have Five! Email me at mapletree@moose-mail.com.

Emily said...

I love the arboretum! I remember going there several times with your family in your big red van!! I am delighted to see your blog! I love that we have friends in common and you found my sister's blog and your comment there allowed me to link back to yours! It's a small world, and it's a beautiful one too!!!! Love, Emily

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...