Tuesday, July 15, 2008

a little fishy

This morning Erica and Timothy went fishing with three of their cousins. Timothy caught a bullhead that is described to have been about a foot long. He released it.

They caught turtles and let them go as well.

When they got home they had a surprise. Not dinner.

it's a bit blurry so you can't tell by this picture that it's a baby bullhead. There are two. They are still in the icky lake water because we thought it might be too great a shock to their systems if we threw them straight into clean water.

Erica put some sand on the bottom of the little bowl. They seem much more content now there is sand in there.

I don't know how long they will be living with us but I think I would feel sad to put them back in a lake with great big fish who would eat them.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...