Wednesday, July 16, 2008

what a world what a world

Bath time is the most dreaded event in our home. My four oldest kids would much rather smell like a dirty, sweaty dog; with the exception of Erica, she smells like a sheep.

I don't understand how trying to wash hair suddenly turns me into some kind of psychotic killer. The decibels that Connor can produce with his screams are ear splitting and he felt the need to test that out directly in my ear.
Ronan was in the tub as well and of course was terrified, not by the water and shower - he's my only child who loves water -, but he was terrified by the screeches of bloody murder radiating from Connors throat. I never knew that Connor had that kind of lung capacity.
Good Grief! It's only water! Yet he has a fear that far exceeds the wicked witch of the west. If this continues I fear I will have permanent hearing loss. Too bad the job of mother does not come with workman's comp.


1 comment:

Birrd said...

I have the same problem. I feel so bad for Roo because she thrashes so much and gets the soap in her eyes every time. I cannot get her to calm down enough to understand that if she would just HOLD STILL there would be no soap in the eyes.

I think this is why my kids don't get nearly as many baths as they should.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...