Friday, July 11, 2008

ugh!

It's hot.

It would be easier if the humidity was low but living in Minnesota means humidity that almost matches that of tropical rain forests.

Okay, maybe not, but I hate being sticky.

This morning Emma and I filled a whole lot of empty water bottles and put them in the freezer. I pulled one out a while ago and ran it up and down Connor's back and neck. He has never sat so still. Maybe, if we can hold out for a couple of days we will be able to avoid putting the air conditioner in the window this summer. When I was a kid we lived without an air conditioner. It is possible to survive without it but we've been spoiled over the last 7 years since two of my sisters bought me a window unit.

Anyway, I am kicking my children out of the house today. At the very least the breeze will help them to stay cool as will the sprinkler.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...