Friday, August 1, 2008

an appropriate choice


When looking for a name while expecting we knew that we were going to go all Irish as we have done with our other boys. Ronan was the name that stuck with each of us more than any other and we searched through names independently for some reason. In the Celtic language Ronan is a seal and we are shown all the time how appropriate his name is for him. after giving birth it was noted that there had been a lot of amniotic fluid, more than any of our other four kids ~ which kind of explains why I didn't feel him very much that last 6 weeks.
ever since he has loved bath time. He tries to play in any and all water available. he has never minded if he gets water in his face. today we put him in the tub and, I'm not kidding, he floated on his back and kicked his legs. The boy was swimming. He's a natural. Now we'll have to get him some SCUBA lessons.



(the picture is outside because I'm not going to post naked, bathtub pictures)

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...