Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fall is near



Ever since the end of April when Emma had Kindergarten Roundup she has been so anxious to start school. She frequently asks me how many days until school starts.
She had to get shots before she could go to school. We got that checked of her list of before school to-dos. We got her paperwork taken care of and turned in. As soon as it was in their hands we turned around and went supply shopping. Yay!

There are still a few items that need to be bought and we can pick those up next week; but we got lots and lots of paper, many crayons, some markers, pens and pencils, glue and a pair of scissors or two. Then I got to thinking "where am I going to keep all of this stuff?" so I got a plastic bin to keep it all in. last year I just kept the notebooks in a cardboard box under my desk. the box is tattered and only had one notebook in it but is full of quite a lot of other stuff. I will now need to sort through all of that and make an empty space under my desk to keep the plastic bin.


They look so tempting. I love school supplies. I never did like school but I love school supplies. I suppose I yearn for a simpler time in my life, and what could be simpler than Kindergarten.

My sister and I were talking about Kindergarten the other day. We think we should open up a kindergarten spa. Wouldn't that be awesome!
We would card you at the door to make sure you were old enough to have to have Kindergarten therapy :)

There would be a play dough corner, maybe a rice table. We'll have giant bean bag chairs for adults who can sit on the floor and still get up by themselves. Everyone gets their own stuff because as adults we have to share everything already. The spa would provide the supplies.
We'll have nap time. And for those of us who like to write in books, we'll get phonics work books and gold star stickers for a job well done.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...