Monday, August 25, 2008

ready for school

Last Friday, Gramma called and asked to meet her in town for some new shoes for the school kids. Emma was able to find a pair of shoes she liked very quickly and then we kind of talked her out of them and into a pair that would not cost so much. We asked if she wanted to have shoes that tie or shoes that have velcro. She wanted the ones with laces so she could learn to tie shoes.

the next day Tim and I had to run into town and decided that it would be much quicker if the kids just stayed home and that way we could get through our errands faster. When we got home Emma had something to show us. Timothy had taught her how to tie her shoes. Now she's a pro.







2 comments:

Birrd said...

Can Timothy please come to my house? Bean could really use his expert teaching skills.

Great photos!

Abby said...

Thanks
I was surprised at how quickly she picked it up, but I really shouldn't have been ~ she is smart.

I love the last picture of her being so modestly proud of herself.

Absolutely, Timothy can come and teach. However, I don't know if his teaching expertise is quite worth the cost of gas to bring him to your house.
maybe he can draw a diagram and we'll email it :)

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...