Monday, September 8, 2008

Sad on a very special day

(this post is an exception to ME being the photographer. I did not take the following pictures because I am in them.)

Six years ago today, Tim and I were married.
It was really really hot compared to today. it's nice and cool today, but that day it was 92 degrees when we got married, in the evening.
We were melting. Tim hadn't worn long pants since his grandmother's funeral a couple of years before so I'm sure he was dieing. but he looked so good all dressed up - he still does.

I was a lot prettier then. Now, please don't take my picture - please, please don't.even when I was largely pregnant I was pretty. but now, please don't take my picture... again.

So anyway.
Four years ago we took a little trip to the St Paul Temple and Tim and I were sealed to each other and also to Emma. My dad was a Sealer when he and Leonnie were on their Temple mission up here so he was able to get permission to be our Sealer.
Erica and Timothy were not able to be sealed to us and I can't tell you how painful that is for me and really for all of us equally. maybe someday? but probably not.
But we all went together.

The kids are so small! Look at Erica! that was 4 years ago and now she is about a half inch taller then me. Timothy is very close to passing me by. And there's my husband, still looking great.
and I'm trying to hide behind a three year old Emma. It didn't work.



Today I don't get to spend much more than an hour with my husband. He has to work tonight. We were sick this last weekend and still are. Money is always tight so we can't afford to go out to dinner so we didn't get to celebrate our anniversary yet, and we might not get to.
Today I'm kind of feeling bad for myself and for Tim. He could use nice long vacation from work and I could use a night out.

looks like I'm having a pity party for myself.

Yay, a party!


3 comments:

Birrd said...

You are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! And you're darling when you're very pregnant! I LOVE these photos! Thanks for sharing. It made me really happy to see them.

I didn't know your dad was a Temple sealer. That's awesome.

Things WILL work out with Erica and Timothy someday, I'm sure of it.

I hope you figure out a creative way to celebrate even when you're broke. You could sit around in your pajamas and eat popcorn and discuss how mermaids.... you know.

Abby said...

That mermaid topic just might come up some day. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it did. it would be longer than it should be and we would laugh and laugh.


Thanks for the beauty compliment. my kids always tell me that I'm so beautiful. However, I feel that they are a smidge biased.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Erica and Timothy will for sure be sealed to you guys someday. It's meant to be. I know you were having a pity party, but just thought I'd set you straight.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...