Thursday, September 25, 2008

very proud of my guy

Today school was dismissed early for a teachers' meeting. Timothy stayed after school and attended Peer Mediator's training.
They have a program at school in which the 5th and 6th grade kids can volunteer to help other kids during recess to resolve minor conflicts. It is supervised by an adult, but it is up to the kids to find a solution to any minor problem that the younger kids might have (like fighting over a swing or who gets to be friends with that kid)
He decided that he wanted to be a mediator because he felt that the other kids were doing a bad job. He said it's because he knows what it is like to be bullied and He wants to be able to stand up for the little guy.
Good for him! I know he will do a great job.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...