Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day

Today was Emma's first day of school. She was so excited to go, but I still had to prod her along to make sure she ate her breakfast. We got ready and sent Erica off to school, she rode the bus this morning. All the kids will be riding the bus, but for Emma's big day we drove Emma and Timothy to school.

She looks so little, now that I think about it.


I'd bet that she was the only kindergartener walking into this building with a smile on her face.


Timothy is getting old enough where he feels weird, I guess, to have his parents take him to his class so I quickly snapped a picture of him before we went in and he showed himself to class.


Tim and I walked behind her class to her room and watched from a slight distance while she hung her backpack and sweater and off she went into the room.
She is so ready for school. I think that Tim is a little emotionally wounded. Pooper didn't even have time for a good bye hug and kiss.
She didn't seem to have any patience for me to take her picture. She went into her classroom and never looked back. I'm a little sad about that as well. I had hoped that she would have had a harder time leaving us. But at the same time I'm glad that she is so confident in herself and also in Tim and me. She knows we're here when ever she needs us (for as corny as that sounds).

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...