Friday, October 17, 2008

I made this

last week we went to History Fest near our home. It runs for 3 or 4 days and is quite a lot of fun. My oldest sister works down there each year - this year she was baking bread in a clay oven that she built. She has a friend who also works there who does henna for people. this friend also is learning to make glass beads. this is something that I have wanted to learn for a while now so I summed up the courage to ask her a few questions. She ended up setting up her equipment and showed me how to make a bead. she then asked me if I would like to give it a try. I did.
This is what I made mostly by myself. she did help and it was fun and I would love to set up a little workshop for it in my garage some time soon.

I chose a deep blue color for my bead. It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but it is cute. the yellowish gray swirls on the bead are where I accidentally burned the glass. who knew you could burn glass.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...