Monday, December 13, 2010

the birthday boy

Yesterday was Timothy's birthday. 13 years old.
two teens under my roof.

timothy is very camera shy and because of that I didn't make him pose for any pictures and therefore I don't have a lot of pictures of him.

his birthday was a couple of days ago and I have been busy and lazy and haven't gotten any of the pictures of him on his birthday edited until now.

a little about his day. the day before was Erica's birthday and we got iced and snowed in. it was pretty horrible and the road out front of our house was not cleared off until much later in the day on Sunday. We were supposed to have the gingerbread house party at my sister's that day and so Timothy said he wanted to wait to celebrate his birthday. but we were still snowed in. so we decided that we wouldn't let that get us down and we went ahead and had his birthday. I quickly made his cake and we had ice cream from the day before (you are saying "hey, you said you didn't have any. you lie." but I don't lie. Erica and I braved the storm and walked to our little grocery store. I thought I was going to die. but that's another story)
while we were stuck home the kids played outside. they are tough kids because it was below zero outside.
timothy dug out a 'fort' and he stayed curled up in it for a very long time.
the littler kids didn't last out there as long as he did but I was shocked that they played out there for over a half hour.

this is our van. Tim's car wasn't covered in snow. just a bit of a drift close and some ice. I even tried to take a picture of under the van since there is snow blown under and packed under the van. but I was shivering and in freezing pain so I didn't get a good picture of that.


we had Timothy's favorite soup for supper. just as we were setting the table for supper the power went out. everyone scrambled for candles and flashlights and we ate supper by flashlight and candles. the power was out for a bit over a half hour.
thankfully it came back on right as we were finishing up eating.

another memorable birthday this month. :)


He bunched his candles in the middle so he would be sure to blow them all out in one try.


Happy Birthday

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...