Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

maybe I'll post something tomorrow... after things settle down...

last night we had a secret santa. someone knocked on the door and connor got up to answer it. (I was a bit tangled up with yarn in my rocker) he closed the door with a puzzled look on his face and said that no one was there. sometimes people will knock outside of the ramshackle porch and the light out there wasn't turned on since we didn't expect anyone and it sometimes doesn't want to turn on anyway. so I went to check and there was a box full of presents for the little kids and a family gift and a gift card (I suspect) taped to the top of one. we decided to let the little kids open one and the rest have to wait until tomorrow morning.

secret surprises made the kids a little bit crazy... see?

along with the box was a set of foot prints in the snow indicating someone who can run in the snow... so not the grandparents. the handwriting on the tags is a bit familiar but I just can't place it.


I've done secret santa before and I loved doing it. I'm sure we won't be in a financial position to do that again for a few more years :( but I would love so much to do it again. I like being able to give - it's great fun

so who ever you are Secret Santa, thank you very very much.

3 comments:

Carrie Jeffrey said...

How fun! We love secret santa!

Anita said...

That's so cool! Were the kids just beside themselves when you got to open them all?

Abby said...

the kids were a little berserk. they were ready to rip open everything in sight the moment I had it in the door.

It was great fun. I let them open one thing that night and then they had to wait until Christmas morning.
I know... I'm so mean to make them suppress all that excitement.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...