Wednesday, December 22, 2010

sole survivor

last week a piece of my church's history was destroyed by fire. follow the link to learn more
investigation of the cause is on hold until they can stabilize the remaining walls, etc... but it is thought that it was most likely electrical.


I visited this building only once. I was 15 or 16 at the time

over the last several days I have thought a lot about that building but more about the only thing that made it out of a fire that raged for more than 12 hours.
a picture of Christ. the picture in particular has had a very special place in my heart. I saw this picture after my mom died almost 22 years ago and it touched me more profoundly than I can ever say.
the Tabernacle is where I first saw this picture. it makes me emotional every time I see it.
so the fact that it is this picture has great significance to me.


1 comment:

Krista, Greg and Zachary! said...

Abby, this post made me cry! The Lord truly loves us each individually and blesses in the smallest ways. Your mom was a wonderful lady.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...