Wednesday, December 1, 2010

and so begins the busiest month of our year

I'm sure that I have mentioned it in the past, I am not a soccer mom. I am not used to running here and there for anything on a regular basis, so when December rolls around I am wiped out by the beginning of the third week and I just can't wait for the month's end to come.
every time we go someplace, it turns into Sunday morning around here. unless Tim and I can sneak out and go by ourselves... but December is all about family and if any of the kids can be left home we need to worry about getting a baby sitter.... which reminds me....
anyway

this weekend I am going to be taking most of the kids to see Harry Potter - so beginning the process....
then there is camper cabin (I've wrote about this last year and the year before... nutshell just me and my sisters - there are ladies there who are not biologically my sister, but they are my sisters) Okay, I can deal with this, but from there it is bordering frantic
the day I get back from camper cabin... it is Erica's birthday
the next day is Timothy's birthday
same day is the Gingerbread Party hosted by my sister
the next day is the high school winter band concert
small break
then there is the elementary school winter music program
somewhere in this is the winter choir concert (the date remains unknown)
also somewhere in here we will decorate Christmas cookies with grandma (still needs to be scheduled)
then there is going to be family Christmases - two of which have yet to be scheduled as well
then there is vacation from school. I will, very strongly, be fighting the urge to cause physical harm to all the fighting children. I will succeed in this, as I always do, but there will be yelling


.... in a week and a half I will have 2 teen-agers.
the oldest of them is going to be 16.
16!
what?!

years pass by so fast now. she's going to be gone soon with a family of her own before I know it.

wow

4 comments:

Anita said...

Ahhhh... The rush of December. It just warms the heart doesn't it? I hope you can deal with it all without collapsing! My head is spinning just thinking about your schedule!

Abby said...

yesterday I looked through my calendar and discovered that I have only 1 weekend day open for scheduling one last christmas celebration.

still don't know when the cookies are going to happen. We'll have to use a Friday night, maybe

Abby said...

nope, no friday night's open either. hmmmm

Unknown said...

I need to get a time planned for cookie decorating too. You tell me when.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...