Thursday, January 15, 2009

the end (of sorts)

tonight is Tim's last night at work.
Tim is usually the last one in the building and he makes sure that everything is shut down and the lights are off before he leaves. most likely he will be the last one in the building tonight.
what a sad night it is for him and I must admit that I am feeling a little emotional for him right now (as I have for the last 10ish days). His job isn't something that is saving lives or making peace in the world, but it has been an big part of his life for many years. He has spent almost his entire adult life working in that building. in many ways that place is his, and though he is still working there, he is losing an important part of his life. it's almost like experiencing a death.
none of my words will ever do justice to the way he is feeling and I'm not sure if he would be able to adequately describe his feelings about all of this either.

I'm just sad for my husband. I wish I could fix everything - I don't like being so helpless.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...