Monday, January 19, 2009

wonderful jam

when my dad and his wife moved into their permanent home last spring, their home came complete with a gigantic raspberry thicket. my jealousy ran wild!
but in their kindness they took pity on those of us who do not have such a treasure and they made jam ~ lots and lots of wonderful jam ~ for Christmas presents. Our family, alone, graciously received 7 pretty little jars of the precious preserves and I have greedily saved it until saturday night. I opened a very small jar and the kids gobbled it right up! then they begged for another jar. I made more bread (not great, but made from yeast and flour so I will call it bread) and they are half way through the next jar. at this rate it will be gone in a matter of a week and then we must wait for next christmas and hope that Leonnie will again give us jam.

I have instructed the children that they must repeatedly thank grandma for the jam and we will give her the cute jars back so that she will have something to put more jam into so that she may give us more jam.

nummmy

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...