Tuesday, January 27, 2009

who'd have thought

this year, in school, Timothy started playing Tim's old trombone. he got chapped lips almost as soon as he started playing it and I just thought that he has chapped lips.
today I got an email from his band teacher and she suggested that he is allergic to the metal of the mouthpiece.

WHY didn't I think of that??? It makes perfect sense, but he never wears any jewelry so metal has never been an issue for him. Erica is allergic ~ at least sensitive ~ to nickle and I figured that out when she was little and used to wear a necklace. she got a rash only where the chain touched her skin, so easily figured out.

Now Timothy has had a bright red rash around his lips for the last 3 months and it never dawned on me before. I feel so bad!

but there is hope for band yet - a plastic mouthpiece. Timothy says he still wants to play and this is a terrific solution. Next week we will get one for him.

now that makes one more on the list of Timothy's allergies. nothing life threatening - thank goodness - but irritating.

I'll be glad to see his face again. I'm sure he will be glad to have his face feel better and have us stop telling him to quit licking his lips

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...