Thursday, January 22, 2009

geography

My Erica is a very smart girl. sometimes she doesn't try too hard to prove it but I know better than her lack of action would imply. (she knows it too, but she's overly modest about it and gets embarrassed when it is brought up)

Today she is taking part in a contest. she is one of the few kids in her grade (and the school) who qualified to take part in the Geography Bee. I had never heard of a geography bee before until she came home a few weeks ago and told me that although she did answer a few of the questions incorrectly on the test she passed with a high enough grade to be in the contest.
I'm not sure yet if I will be able to make it to see her; I don't know who to ask to baby sit the boys.
If you happen to read this before 12:30 central time today, wish her luck.


update:

She tied with a few others in 3rd. She finished in the top ten (but I don't think she was tenth). I think 3rd place is pretty respectable. I would have failed miserably - I'm only sure about most of the towns around me to a radius of about 25 miles and after that I am lost without a map.
but to do it all in your head; impressive.
I am very proud of her.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...