Monday, January 5, 2009

the coolest sight ever

Mere moments ago in our yard. I wonder what the odds are; I just looked out the window just in time to see this wonderful bird fly across our yard and into our tree. I scrambled to get my zoom lens on my camera all the while checking to make sure he hadn't flown away and was very fortunate to get relatively decent pictures.

isn't he beautiful?





I'm still trying to decide what he is. He more closely resembled a Nothern Harrier according to my "Birds of Minnesota" book, but I don't think that it is a Harrier since they are supposed to be gone in the winter time.

This looks like a job for Tim's aunt or my brother in law.

addition: upon further investigation I am fairly sure it is a Harrier. My sister and I were talking and she says that they have Harriers that hang around in the winter down by their marsh. So I am fairly sure that is what he is.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...