Tuesday, January 13, 2009

snow day

yesterday the kids had a snow day from school. I didn't realize that the snow was as bad as it was until I had sent the kids out the door to wait for the bus. I usually get an email notifying me of school cancellations or delays but for what ever reason, it didn't get to me until the kids were already out the door and down the road. So I quickly grabbed my jeans and threw on my shoes without socks and went to retrieve them.

it was my favorite kind of snow - thick, falling slow and gently because there was no wind. it was so still that the snow made almost a hissing sound as it fell through the trees. I don't like cold, but I love fresh snow.


1 comment:

Birrd said...

I love snow like that. Some of my most treasured memories of Minnesota involve snow falling like that.

Great photo, BTW.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...