Friday, February 13, 2009

they grow up so fast

right now Erica is at her very first dance ever. She is up at the high school where they are having a 7th and 8th grade dance.
I gave her the standard list of when to call mom and dad in case someone tries to pressure her into something she shouldn't do. I trust her. I'm sure that she would have called anyway.
She and her friends are planning on being silly. they'll dance and laugh and run around the school like they are so confident when really they aren't at all.
she was kind of excited but kind of nervous at the same time. I sure she is more excited.
I on the other hand am feeling something but I'm just not sure what. I think it's more like when you send your child off to kindergarten. it's that sudden rush of emotions that kind of swirl around together making it impossible to know exactly what you are feeling.

It is so hard letting them grow up

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...