Thursday, February 19, 2009

what to do, what to do

lately I've been suffering from a nearly terrible case of boredom. I think it's really more of a case of cabin fever ~ we all have it around here. It doesn't help that we were fooled into thinking that spring was coming early and then over night it dropped 40 degrees. No fair!

my mind was spinning with plans of different projects and a weight loss plan all day today. I may just make some of it a contest and have my blog involved in some of it ~ such as having weekly suggestions from you (my reader/readers) on a theme for photography and then I will have to plan a picture around the theme... that kind of thing. and as far as the weight loss goes, when I am resolved to start that in a few weeks when spring really truly is here I will come here and report my progress (being optimistic)

today picked up my crocheting project I started in early December. After I finished the blanket I made for Connor, I decided that I was determined to learn how to make granny squares. I went to youtube.com and found a tutorial. They are so very simple that I am ashamed that I couldn't figure them out by reading instructions.

I have yet to figure out how I'm going to finish the edge, but I can wait on that for a bit while I work on the design and piece it together. I have started attaching the pieces that I have made so that I can take a look at it spread out and get a final count on how many more squares I am going to need.
I have more squares finished than are in the picture, but it's just a sample of what I'm working on. I think that it will be a blanket for Tim, or maybe it will just live on the couch in the during the winter.


Here I go to clean my living room and then continue the blanket.

1 comment:

The Osborne Family said...

Nice blanket! Someday, I'll learn how to crochet. =)

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...